Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Mad(tosh)

A finished project! Look!

DSC_0022

My Denim Damson in 1.05 skeins of Madelinetosh sock in Crow. The Madelinetosh sock was great to work with. The only problem: About two-thirds of the way through, I realized I was quickly running out of yarn. In a panic, I located another skein of Crow on Ravelry and scooped it up. And only ended up using it to knit about 6 rows.

DSC_0029

My original plan was to use some black yarn in my stash for the edging if I ran out, but I forgot about that in my panic to find the exact yarn. Oh well, more sock yarn to knit (in a gorgeous color even).

DSC_0023

I had my first proper blocking adventure with this shawl, using blocking wires and all. They were kind of fiddly getting into the shawl, but the end result is worth it. Oh, and here's a pic that's closest to the real color:

DSC_0016

And if that wasn't enough Madelinetosh purchasing, I bought even more dark blue Madelinetosh, this time in Wren in Kettle. It's got a little more teal than I would have liked, but otherwise it's a gorgeous yarn. Time to knit more dark blue shawls I suppose ...

DSC_0030

Except that I'm involuntarily Marching to the Finish, i.e., I'm impelled to finish up projects rather than cast on for new ones. Mostly because I've been feeling pretty uninspired by patterns. The only things I seem to be interested in knitting are shawls, socks and sweaters. Not so horrible, but a little limiting. I'm feeling the urge to finish my Superchunky Cables. I also want to finish up my Amanda sweater from "A Fine Fleece." And though I do like the Patons Soy wool for this sweater (the color is amazing), the splittiness is just too much for me right now.

So my quick trip to Chicago was a bust, knitting wise. No yarn shop visits, no finished Damson to wear to keep the Midwestern chill away from my neck (though the highs were in the balmy 40s, thank god). Oh well, now I really have to plan some kind of knitting getaway/treat for myself to make up for that and for missing Stitches!

No comments: