Monday, September 12, 2011

That's the way the cookie ...

DSC_0030

This little pile is what I've been able to accomplish so far before jetting off to Vogue Knitting Live in LA next week: two just-started Cookie A socks (Twisted Flower in pink Malabrigo, In and Out in pale blue-grey Squoosh) and a VKL app downloaded to the iTouch.

I had hoped to be further along (OK, I had hoped to finish at least one of the pairs before the trip; do you think that's gonna be possible? You can stop laughing, I really thought I could do it) because, supposedly, I'll be sitting at the designer's table for some overpriced gala meal (it was part of the package I got, I don't generally go for gala dinners with intimidatingly creative designers). I figured I should have at least one of this talented designer's patterns under my belt before I have to sit awkwardly with her and a few other people I don't know and pick at my salad. I mean, what would I say to her? "Oh, I'm such an admirer of your designs! I've had a half-finished Baudelaire on the needles for the past 3 years ..."

I can't seem to get gauge for Aidez and I'm too brain-dead these days to figure it out. But I think once it's started, it'll be a quick knit. Soon, soon.

OK, back to planning the trip ...

No comments: