Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yarn that's not my fault

I entered a contest on Larissa's blog and actually won! It's a skein of A Swell Yarn Shop Skinny Duet Sock Yarn in lovely purples.

P1050929

The yarn is squishy soft, the purples are perfect and I can't wait to make it into some beautiful socks.

I'm on a bit of a yarn diet at the moment. I'd gone a little overboard lately and thought I'd start actually using some of it. I found some Handmaiden Sea Silk in Paris in the stash and decided that another go at the Clapotis (but the scarf-size version) was in order.

sea silk paris

I just started it a day or two ago and I already have 3-4 inches done. This is the maybe 4th or 5th time (OK, maybe the 7th or 8th) that I've tried the Clapotis, and finally, finally it's working out for me. Of course, maybe it's b/c I'm doing the smaller version that I'm getting it. What can I say, I'm a dense knitter.

Speaking of dense, the Swallowtail is tripping me up. I'm giving it a rest for now and am putting my focus on the Clap scarf. Good thing I didn't sign up for the Yarn Snobs contest to try to finish things up this month.

No comments: