Monday, June 8, 2009

Plodding on

There has been knitting! Despite my efforts to try to finish the second part of the Swallowtail this weekend, I failed. I probably knit and ripped the same 12 rows all weekend and am probably back to where I was when I started. But I'm still chuffed, b/c I had been so frustrated while tinking back for the 10th time that I thought I'd never find my place and have to scrap the entire stinking shawl. But it lives! Here are my attempts at photography using a proper tripod but totally improper lighting (Ikea cube lamp):

P1050916

What, you can't see the detail? How about if I hold it up to the cube lamp?

P1050911

Uh, that's not very clear, and you still can't really see any details. One more time:

P1050917

Not too exciting, but the Sundara is keeping me entertained.

And because one shawl is never enough, I've started a Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl in Handmaiden Casbahhhhh. I'm sure I'm not the first to call it that, either.

P1050922

It's stalled out quite early b/c I can't decide if I want to knit it all in the Casbah or add some springy-green Nature's Palette or what. My color indecision sucks.

And I've got yet another WIP. This Botanica Medallion Cardigan (it's actually more vestlike, don't really get the cardigan) is about 30% done. The center medallion needs to be re-bound off b/c it's too tight. And I've only done about four repeats of the outer edge, and I'll probably need to do, oh, 30-40 more? No problem.

P1050924

I can't decide if I've messed up the drop-stitch part or not.

P1050923

And I'm so glad to be moving some of this Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine that I stocked up on last summer. Such nice stuff, probably even softer than the Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton that the pattern calls for.

And now for what will probably be my last bit of stash acquisition for a while (or at least until the next enstallment of the Magnolia Society -- oh, and the Sundara June YIC FSM in Crushed Cherries ... really not much.

P1050901

More Squoosh MCN Sock in Cowboy Dreams. Just dreamy. I'm thinking I may try a Clapotis for the nth time with this stuff.

P1050905

Sweet Georgia sock in Riptide. It's a lot more teal than it looked on my computer, which is a little disappointing (I thought it was a much deeper blue/gray and not teal-y green at all). I'm hoping that the color will change a little bit when I wind it into a cake.

And there you have it. Wow, just posting about a few projects, even if I haven't done much on them, is making me feel productive. Must try to do this more often ...

No comments: