Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Changes

I've scrapped the Swallowtail Shawl using the Madeline Tosh Sock in Shell and have decided that I'm going to use Sundara Sock in Brambleberry instead:

P1050817

I got the yarn in a destash on Ravelry and wasn't as excited about it as I thought I would be -- it seemed to have less burgandy and green, which is what I had really liked about the colorway. But when I finally wound the yarn into a cake last night, all the complexity of the dye job finally made sense to me. There's all kinds of purple/brown in there -- russet, plum, a little ochre, and of course tiny shots of the pretty spring green. Exactly like some half-ripened berries you'd find growing in the wild in the Pacific Northwest. Sigh.

Things are moving slowly, but I'm making some progress on several pairs of socks. And now that DH has purchased himself a case for his iTouch, I don't have to knit him one! Woo hoo!

No comments: