Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fate

I'm stalled out on the sweater for my LYS, so I've picked up a new project. I don't know why, but I'm just not interested in the sweater projects that are sitting in the WIP pile, so I wanted to start something new.

While the DH and HD are out of town, I've done some cleaning. My yarnoire was packed to the gills with yarn, so I decided to make use of some of those clear comforter bags and stuffed a few of them with sweater amounts of yarn and threw them on top of the yarnoire, freeing up a shelf or two for future yarn overbuying (probably my Stitches West haul, yahoo!).

I noticed that I still had some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in a lovely chocolate color that I had bought about 4 years ago, and I decided that I had to get rid of it already. I'd tried a number of patterns with it -- the Drops 103-1 cardigan, a few patterns from the Rowan New Shapes book, and a few patterns from Twinkle's Big City Knits, none of which worked out.

P1060617

Then I realized that a cabled cardigan in the new Erika Knight book, Men's Knits, calls for Cashmerino Superchunky. It was meant to be.

P1060619

The cabled pattern is very easy and fun, and all the different pattern textures make it quite interesting to knit. And the bulky yarn is going fast, so I'm in love.

The yarn is soooooo soft, though pilly and has an incredible number of knots (I encountered 2 or 3 in a ball that only has about 75 yards). But that doesn't matter, I'm gonna use it up.

I do, however, have to buy more b/c I only have 14 balls, and I need at least 21 balls. Unfortunately, Little Knits (which has the discontinued yarn on sale) was out of the chocolate color, and I was able to find two other Web sites that are selling it at the original price, which is kind of hefty. But that's what I get for not buying enough yarn in the first place.

The owner of the LYS where I sometimes work wants me to do a cowl pattern with some chunky alpaca she's bought for the shop. Now I've gotta hunt for a good pattern ...

No comments: