Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Lace Sleeves

It took me more than 2 weeks to complete 8.5 inches in a fairly simple lace pattern for my Cerisara cardigan, the latest Chic Knits pattern. I would have been done sooner except for having to rip back more than a few times after some screw-ups (I blame pre-concert excitement -- I brought it along to work on before seeing Mr. Diana Krall in concert last week).



(Good job filming, honey!)

It's knit top-down in one piece and has some interesting construction. I've finished the back lace portion, connected the back left neckband to the back left neckline and am about to continue with the lace on the left shoulder section. This crazy (to me) construction is so interesting!

112

The yarn I'm using is Elsebeth Lavold Eucool, which is a DK-weight 75% wool and 25% eucalyptus yarn. No, it does not smell all menthol-y, unfortunately. It's got a very dry hand, feels kind of like cotton and is quite splitty, yet somehow, so far, it's working very well in this pattern. Knit at worsted gauge, it's drapey and light.

106

Oh, I picked the same yarn and color as in the sample because I'm a nerd like that.


So, judging by the amount of time it took me to get the hang of the simple lace pattern, I'm thinking it's going to be a while before this sweater is done.

Elvis 131

Which is OK, because sometimes the wait

Image080

is worth it.

1 comment:

The Big Burbs said...

I had no idea DK and EC were married--- Where have I been?! Love that song, btw.
Your Cerisara is going to be beautiful. I really like how the lace is so artfully balanced with stockinette.
I'm with you on the yarn choice. Using the "exact yarn" always seems to promote a happy sense of calm ;)

Kathy