Friday, September 10, 2010

Warm up Pakistan

This morning I learned about a new group on Ravelry, Pakistan Knit Relief to benefit the millions affected by the flooding there. The group description says, "As the seasons change millions will be living in tent cities. Help them prepare for the cold winter nights in the mountain regions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the North Western part of Pakistan."

The group's moderator suggests sending hats knit in natural fibers to help those living outdoors keep warm this winter, but she says she will also take other natural-fiber knits (blankets, shawls, etc.). She will be collecting the items through Oct. 1 and will send them through her husband, who will be visiting Pakistan then.

I checked my knitwear drawer in my yarnoire and lo and behold, it was bursting with warm items to send off. I'm so excited they'll go to people who really need them. I'll try to make a few more items by the end of the month.

9-10-10 o backyard 030

In other knit news, I'm working on an old Karabella pattern, Cabled Cardigan KK183. I've read that it's a bit fussy, so I'm hoping that I can power through it. What I really wish I was working on is this.

001

No comments: