Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feels good

... to actually finish something!

IMG_20120119_152331

A very gnome-like hat
Pattern: Pointy Elf Hat from More Last-minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino in Pop Rocks, 1 skein held double
Needles: U.S. 10.5
Mods: Check out my Ravelry project page

IMG_20120119_152705

He chose the yarn months ago and was delighted to finally see it again. Now he wants me to knit one for his dad, but in green. I'm worried, though, that my husband's stubbly shaved head would have a Velcro-like effect on a knitted hat!

In other news, I've entered the whopping 210 yards I've used this year into the KnitMeter on my Ravelry profile page and am feeling a strange sense of accomplishment. Perhaps if I had a yarn-buying meter to keep track of all the yarn I've bought lately, I wouldn't be feeling so satisfied ...

No comments: