Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A modeled FO!

PC060081

Pattern: Kid's Vest from More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Spud & Chloe Sweater in Moonlight, I think, 1.25 skeins
Size: Small (18-24 months)
Needles: US sizes 7 and 9
Mods: No duplicate-stitch initial, yet ...

I don't know why I shied away from baby/kid knits. Well, I do, actually: Kids grow fast. I knit slow. But, baby knits in worsted-weight? They practically knit themselves!

PC060020

My younger son's first birthday was the other day and I didn't have enough time to do the duplicate-stitch initial on the chest. Part of the problem was I didn't have a similar-weight yarn in a good color to do the initial. Maybe I'll do it someday.

It was a quick and enjoyable knit. I see many more baby knits (worsted weight) in my future.

Some yarn action shots:

PC060022

PC060023

PC060025

Up next: Finishing his cousin's birthday dress and knitting hand warmers/mitts for anyone and everyone.

PC060034

No comments: