Friday, December 16, 2011

Why do I do this to myself?

So things are not looking so great for the Fingerless Mitts Blowout 2011 Edition. It's 10 days until the Big Day and I've got 2 pairs done. (I have an extended family of about 20 people here in town, and they all have 2 hands each.)

What I've got done is pretty, though.

IMAG0025

Pattern: One Cable Mitts
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes in a burnt orange, 1 skein
Needles: U.S. size 7
Mods: I shortened the thumb by a few rounds. I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off (after being reminded that I know this, while listening to the A Playful Day podcast -- thanks!) for the top and the thumb.

My aunt has already claimed these. Yay, a willing and appreciative recipient!

IMAG0038

Shiny!

Pattern: Cozy thermal mitts
Yarn: Spud and Chloe Sweater in Moonlight, about .75 of a skein
Needles: U.S. size 4 (gosh I'm a crazy-loose knitter)
Mods: Jeny's bind-off on the tops. Shortened the thumb a bit.

Very nice and cozy, and I like the texture. Up next, a return to the Toast fingerless mitts of Knitmas past. And this Miss Babs Yowza in Merlot Shadows. Yowza indeed! Just beautiful.

IMAG0029

No comments: