Thursday, March 5, 2009

An embarrassment of riches

Well, the stash diet hasn't been working out so well. But you know what? I don't really care. I'm getting rid of a lot more stuff in the stash, which is allowing me to purchase yarn I'm more interested in. I see no problem with that.

Monday I picked up some Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb with which to attempt the lovely Whisper Cardigan. The swatch didn't work out as planned, and I'm debating whether I'm too loose of a knitter to try and knit laceweight at 6st/inch. I'm thinking I don't want to work that hard.

P1050192

The yarn is lovely and soft knit up, so I'm excited to work with it, no matter what project I choose.

P1050199

Yesterday (Wednesday) I got two packages in the mail:

The first was four colors of Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift from the Dancing Ewe. It seems like a lovely, light, heathery yarn and I'm looking forward to making at least two of these colors into the Bird in Hand mittens.

P1050205

P1050203

P1050202

P1050201

The second was the March shipment of the Knit Purl sock club. My first Shibui! Normally I wouldn't go for such a bright mix of green and yellow, but somehow it really works here, and the lovely pattern, the Thora Socks, are the absolute perfect pattern for this yarn! It's like they were made for each other (which I think they were ...). I'm thinking about putting down my love Ishbel for a moment and casting on these to see if they can be done in time for St. Patrick's Day. But who would get these? I'd give them to the DH but the merino might be too warm for him. MIL? Don't know if she'd wear these. Maybe I'll keep them -- they speak to my inner colleen ...

P1050200

And to continue on the Irish tip, I bought the Vintage edition of Ulysses so I don't have to share a book w/the DH. It's kinda crazy, but I'm actually enjoying it so far, though way too many of the references are lost on me. Erin go bragh!

No comments: