Sunday, April 26, 2009

Flirting with lace

I've still got a bit of the knitter's block, but I'm finding that a growing interest in lace is starting to change that. In the past few days I've cast on for the Swallowtail shawl in Madelinetosh Glazed Sock in Shell. I'd been obsessed with knitting something in a springtime color, and i think this definitely fits the bill.

P1050575

P1050580

I'd gotten a few more repeats done than shown in this pic, taken a few days ago, but I screwed up and am going to have to rip it out. Knitting lace at night just isn't a great idea, but when do I have the chance to do that?

I'm also thinking about casting on the Shetland Triangle with Malabrigo Sock in orangey-red Boticelli Red. The red Brooklyn Tweed version is so lovely that I think mine needs to be made in a red, too.

P1050324

And another lace shawl I'm thinking about is the gorgeous, gorgeous Gail. It calls for Handmaiden Sea Silk, which I have, but I'm not sure if I want it in a variegated yarn.

Yesterday at the yarn store, a lovely co-worker showed me how she works her spinning wheel and drop spindle. I finally figured out how those drop spindles work, and I fell in love with one of her spindles created by a guy from Tucson who made it with an amazing vintage Russian button on top. Must ask her about that guy's name ...

No comments: