Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm famous

Sort of. In knitting podcastland. I was just listening to Doubleknit podcast, Episode 23, and Jessica and Erin were talking about their latest reads. In the Doubleknit group on Ravelry, I had posted that I had gone to the library to check out 'Oscar and Lucinda,' by Peter Carey, highly recommended by the ladies, but wasn't able to find it. Erin had posted that she had started reading 'Brideshead Revisited' by Evelyn Waugh, so I checked that one out instead and mentioned it on the group. In the latest episode when Erin talks about 'Brideshead,' she says 'someone' (I believe that's me) is also reading it after not finding 'Oscar and Lucinda' at the library. I was listening and thinking, hey, wait, they're talking about me! Yes, I'm a nerd and easily amused.

So if you haven't heard Jessica's and Erin's podcast, do listen. They have great knitting content (they both work at The Fiber Gallery in Seattle and know a lot of bigwig knitters), as well as wonderful recommendations for books and movies.

Some of my other favorite knitting podcasts are Stash and Burn, Knit Obsession with Z Knits, and the Knitmore Girls podcast.

My favorite new knitting podcast (so many come and go) is Electric Sheep, which can be found at the Hoxton Handmade blog page. Hoxton is a Londoner who has put together a really professional-sounding podcast that blends essays with commentary on a range of topics which lead back to knitting and crafting. Really well done.

I learn so much from listening to knitting podcasts, and they keep me company as I work on my latest projects. It's like attending a fun knitting group every time you tune in.

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Thanks for the comment and for the DoubleKnit recommendation! I've subbed to your blog and the podcast. I've been following Jessica's blog for a while, but I'm not a big podcast listener. Now I'm going to try it!