Thursday, August 6, 2009

Old and twisted

The Military Cardigan is already giving me fits and I've hardly worked on it. I now have to admit my eyesight is so bad that I'm having difficulty seeing stitches in a bright medium-blue yarn -- it's not even navy! Good lord.

Besides my blindness, my lack of sleep (I've got a little more free time these days, but I'm doing other things instead of sleeping -- maybe that would have been a wiser choice) has addled my brain so that I'm fouling up a simple cable. This is what the left back vent (for this is supposed to be a peplum! fancy!) should look like:

P1060293

and this is what mine looks like:

P1060296

Hmm, not quite right somehow. Could this strange ridge right here on the wrong side of the work be correct?

P1060298

No, no it could not be correct. Try to ignore the ragged hangnails in the photo, if you could.

I'm going to give it another try tomorrow.

To help satisfy my cabled-sweater cravings, I picked up some patterns today. Two of them are from a few years ago: Cabled Cardigan from Karabella and High Neck Cable from Blue Sky Alpacas. I've loved them both for years and don't know when I'm going to get to them, but I will someday.

P1060305

I continued my cable feast with the latest issue of Vogue Knitting. So many cables in there I can't stand it. And I picked up Amber by Kim Hargreaves, which I don't want to talk about or look at until I finish my current Kim Hargreaves project. Soon, soon.

No comments: