Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Forget what I said

I broke my own rule about not starting a new project before I cast on for a new one. It's Cria, Ysolda's latest design from her upcoming Little Red in the City book.

DSC_0111

Go on, Ysolda, it's your birthday -- you're just as excited about this sweater as I am!

Seeing as I'm half-brain dead these days, even Ysolda's cool schematics and diagrams on the crazy construction of this top-down sweater didn't make sense to me. So I threw caution to the wind (or decided to go ahead and be lazy) and cast on anyway.

Right now it looks like a teeny bikini top.

DSC_0113

Part of the reason I dove headlong into this project was because I had one of the recommended yarns, Madelinetosh Pashmina. My goodness, I've never knit with anything like this before. It's sooo soft and sproingy, it made my first gauge swatch (I went down to U.S. 3 from the recommended 4 because I'm a weirdly loose knitter who throws {sort of} with her left hand) actually turn out really, really small, way smaller than the recommended gauge. That never happens to me! So I know this yarn has some magical properties.

There's a Cria KAL going on on the Ysolda board on Ravelry. I'm tempted to join, even though KALs don't usually turn out so well for me. We'll see.

No comments: